- Record Label:
- Signum Records
- 2013/2014 - 2014/2015
- Number of Tracks:
"Bright Young Things" - The Irish Times
The UCD Choral Scholars will release their debut international recording on Signum Records on 11th December 2015. The disc, entitled Invisible Stars is an enchanting collection of traditional and contemporary choral music from Ireland and Scotland and features arrangements and new compositions by some of Ireland’s most celebrated composers for choir, including Michael McGlynn, Brendan Graham, Bill Whelan and the group’s artistic director, Desmond Earley.
The Scholars are the first collegiate Irish choir to release on the label, who boast an impressive catalogue of artists ranging from The King’s Singers, Tenebrae, The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, Royal Northern Sinfonia and Voces8.
This wonderful showcase of Irish choral music is available to pre-order on Amazon and iTunes now.
- Mo Ghille Mear - Seán Clárach Mac Domhnaill, arr. Desmond Earley
- Sun and Moon and Stars - Bill Whelan
- War - Ivo Antognini
- Geantraí - Michael McGlynn
- The Gartan Mother’s Lullaby - Traditional Irish, arr. Desmond Earley
- The Coast of Galicia - Bill Whelan
- He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven - Desmond Earley
- Orphan Girl - Brendan Graham, arr. Desmond Earley
- Peace - Ivo Antognini
- Black is the Colour of my True Love’s Hair - Appalachian Air of Scottish origin, arr. Desmond Earley
- Land’s End - Michael Rooney
- ‘Sí do Mhamó í - Traditional Irish, arr. Desmond Earley
- Siúil a Rún - Traditional Irish, arr. Michael McGlynn
- Sleepsong - Brendan Graham, Rolf Løvland arr. Desmond Earley
- The Skye Boat Song - Traditional Scottish, arr. Desmond Earley
- The Parting Glass - Traditional Irish/Scottish, arr. Desmond Earley